Friday, February 10, 2012

The Valentine’s Day Miracle

Falling in love with the feeling of waking up slowly;
Having the kick-butt determination to hit the pavement and run;
And realizing that love sleeps at the foot of your bed.




It’s easy, as a single person, to give Valentine’s Day a hard time. But something about it this year…it just feels too easy. Like a cheap shot. Shut out game. Where’s the challenge?

Nothing is stopping us from actually enjoying the holiday from a chocolate induced coma. Why wait until November to realize what we’re thankful for? Shouldn’t every day spark something inside of us to say- “Hey. That’s kind of awesome.”

Here. I'll go first:
I’m thankful for the most fabulous group of friends I can think of. People ranging everywhere from childhood, to high school, to college and even kickball. All over the world. Far and wide: they’re never out of reach.



A friend of mine made a brave statement that will forever resonate with me:




“I’d rather be single with moments of loneliness-
Than in a miserable relationship, trying to find my way out.”




And haven’t we all been there? On the outside you have the makings and potential for greatness, but inside you know you’re settling with disappointment. Celebrating the single life can be as simple as patting yourself on the back for realizing you deserve greatness, and you're one step closer to finding it.

So here’s to you VDay- With your $16 billion dollar industry, overpriced chocolate and singing teddy bears that my dog will happily destroy...

Happy Valentine’s Day to my beautiful couples whose commitment continues to inspire me~

And Happy Galentine’s Day to the girls in my life who forever teach me what it means to be loved and how to show that in return.


No comments:

Post a Comment